This is the first time that I’ve done anything like this – but I’m so grateful so I’d like to say a huge thank you to Kate from her blog https://girlmasked.wordpress.com for nominating me for the Liebster award. In this post, I will nominate 11 bloggers, answer Kates’ questions and write 11 questions for the nominees.
The Liebester award rules are as follows:
- Post eleven facts about yourself
- Answer the eleven questions your nominator asked in their post
- Nominate 11 other bloggers of your choice
- Come up with your own eleven questions for your nominees
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been chosen
- Link back to the person that nominated you
11 Facts about myself:
- I have heterochromia, which means the pigments in my eyes are different colours. One of my eyes is blue, whilst the other is half blue and half brown. (The brown used to be a tiny fleck, and has grown larger over the years
- I have a strange scar on my thigh from being stung by a Portuguese man o’ war jellyfish in Goa, India.
- I have a French bulldog and Bengal cat, who are the bests of friends and love a good snuggle up together – as well as a playfight.
- I love all the American sitcoms, e.g Friends, How I Met Your Mother, The Goldbergs – I can watch them all day long
- I graduated with a degree in Graphic Arts and Design, but went into a career of Content Marketing
- My next plan is to travel Europe, particularly explore all the islands in Greece and Italy.
- I absolutely love Photography, and do a lot of it in my spare time for my portfolio sophie-jordan.co.uk
- I have an obsession with KFC Burritos – I went to Mexico and put it to the taste test and felt like it didn’t even come close.
- I have a love for house interior, and can’t wait to buy my own house and decorate it to my hearts content
- I have a love for Harry Potter, and have read the books, watched the films and visited the studios in London – however, I would love to go again!
- Apparently I look like Shailene Woodley...? If this counts as a fact
Questions chosen for me by Kate:
- When did you start blogging?
Around 2 months ago – I’m still very new to the blogging world so I am so grateful to be nominated! Eek!
- What is your favourite book?
I can’t pick one in particular, but I love Joyo Moyes – her books are so heartfelt and real
- What country would you really like to visit?
I think Italy or Greece are on the top of my list (Sorry, I can’t pick one!) I just love authentic towns with coloured houses and narrow cobbled alleyways, I want to see it all.
- What is your favourite meal?
This alternates between a good old’ meaty pizza, or a Mexican feast of burritos, fajitas and nachos. (Yes, I don’t do things by halves – I’d be happy with any of the above)
- If you could spend a day with one blogger who would they be?
I think it would have to be Dash from Mode-Lily, having worked with her before I’ve found her a pleasure to work with and her blog inspires me. I would love to know the ins and outs and about how she balances her daily life with a fantastic blog.
- If you could have dinner with 3 people, dead or alive who would they be (can be celebrities/actors/authors/family,etc)
I would do anything to have my nan back and sit down for one last meal with her. Another person would be my loving partner, because he is my other half and makes me smile at every opportunity (I would also have loved him and my nan to of met). And thirdly…I feel like chucking Ricky Gervais in the middle of the mix would cause up quite a stir and provide an entertaining dinner.
- What is your favourite colour?
I’m a big fan of turquoise, and have an obsession with turquoise jewellery – so you can imagine what I’m like on holiday with all the markets with the stoned rings!
- Would you prefer to spend the day at the beach or in a park/forest
Definitely a park/forest. I’m not a big fan of the beach as a) sand up your knickers, not too great and b) I’m now terrified of the sea since getting a poisonous jellyfish sting. I would pack up a picnic and speakers and set up for an afternoon in the forest.
- What is your favourite band?
I’m a big fan of Dire Straits and Lighthouse Family, but I also like to listen to a lot of Tropical House music – My spotify is very diverse!
- What is your favourite memory?
Now this is a hard one – I don’t think I can pick one in particular, but it has to of been when I was travelling Asia, looking at the fantastic culture, eating amazing food and wondering how the hell I had managed this.
- What is your favourite restaurant?
This changes all the time, and at present I am still to find my favourite. I love TGI’s, however there isn’t one of these in my home town so I’m afraid this has to be knocked off the list. Any sort of Steak, Thai or Mexican food really!
My 11 nominees are:
Questions for my nominee’s – Sorry, they’re quite out there:
- If you had a £500 gift voucher for anything in the world, where would you spend it?
- What inspired you to start a blog?
- What was your dream job as a child?
- What is your favourite outfit to wear?
- If you had to choose a wedding destination – where would it be?
- If you could re-do one thing in life, what would it be?
- If you could steal credit for any great films, songs, books ect – which would you claim as your own?
- If animals could talk, which do you think would be the rudest?
- Which monopoly piece do you claim?
- If you had to design an app – what would yours be?
- Have you ever been given a nickname – if so, what?
I've enjoyed this post so much - and if I could nominate more than 11 bloggers, I would! Having such a new blog, it's great to see how welcoming and friendly the blogging community is and I can't wait to hear from more of you.
Please comment with your blogs for me to check out and follow! :)