Date nights are an important factor in relationships. You should always put time aside to allow you and your partner to spend some quality time together, even if you do see each other on a daily basis.
However, Fancy dinners and tickets for shows ect can become pretty costly, and unfortunately aren’t a luxury for most people – including me. A recent surprise from the Mr for our date night however, gave me an idea to write this post about how you can still have fun on a budget.
- Go for a picnic – You want a change of scenery from your dining table, or the sofa. However, your favourite restaurant is a little bit out of your budget. Don’t let this stop you from making the most of your night together. Do a shop together of all your favourite foods (Or alone, if you are surprising your other half as my partner did), and put together a picnic with a bottle of your favourite booze. If you don’t have any form of transport, there’s nothing a few blankets and fairy lights in the garden can’t do!
- Go for a walk – I know this could sound lame, but going for a walk means there are no distractions, just you and your loved one surrounded by nature. Try find a nature trail or woodland area where you can sit down and have a catch up about your day.
- Make the most of the free museums – This may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but a museum or art gallery benefit by getting you out the house, and can also teach you a thing or two! Most museums are FREE, but if they aren’t, it will still be a hell of a lot cheaper than eating out.
- Come Dine With Me – Take it in turns with your partner to cook each other’s favourite meals. Put together a creative menu, grab a bottle of wine and enjoy a romantic evening in the comfort of your own home.
- Arcade Night – Find the local arcade in your town, and go armed with pockets full of change. Arcade games aren’t expensive to play, and you can spend as little or as much as you like. Start a competition between you and your partner to inject a bit of fun into your evening – whoever loses must buy the drinks at the end!
- Snuggle in front of the TV – I know people may say they do this most nights, but instead of just flicking through channels whilst scrolling through your Facebook fed, make the effort to make it a special night. Pick a good film together, and grab your favourite snacks and wine. Snuggle up and enjoy the time your spending together, even bring the facemasks out if he allows it! If you have a game console, playing this together is also a great way to spend a night infront of the telly (Yes, we get competitive playing Super Mario).
Hopefully this post will encourage you to spend some quality time together, without breaking the bank! I’ve also realised that a lot of these ideas involve a bottle of wine, I’m not an alcoholic I swear, but who doesn’t love wine!? If you have any other ideas or tips – please feel free to comment!