So, I’ve always struggled to find a quick, healthy on-the-go breakfast snack to take to work with me. As much as I love poached eggs on toast, I just don’t have the time to make these after gym. Plus I don’t actually get hungry till late morning, so would be a bit strange if I started whipping up eggs in the work kitchen!
I’ve seen several recipes for breakfast egg muffins – and I finally decided to give them a go. These are such a versatile breakfast option as you can put as much or as little as you want in them. Bacon, ham, spinach, peppers, onions…the list goes on and on.
(Please note: this is based on the ingredients that I use – you can change these to what you like!)
Prep time – 5 mins
Cooking time – 20 mins
This recipe will make 6 egg muffins
- 6 eggs
- 2 peppers
- handful of spinach
- sprinkle of chilli flakes
Tip: Bacon/Chorizo and cheese would be a great addition to these – however I was trying to keep these as healthy as possible.
- First things first, pre-heat your oven to 200°C/ 390°F.
- Fry off your vegetables/meat in a pan on a low heat with a small amount of oil
- Crack your eggs into a jug, and whisk
- Pour in cooked veg/meat into the jug with your eggs
- Mix well so that all ingredients are distributed evenly
- Grease a muffin tray/lay down grease proof paper
- Pour mixture evenly into muffin tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes
[caption id="attachment_1297" align="alignnone" width="3888"] Note: This photo was taken based on my recipe for 12 muffins[/caption]
I take 2 of these for breakfast, and they can be enjoyed hot or cold! I originally doubled up the recipe to make 12 to save me having to keep making these, however after a while in the fridge these do go rubbery and unpleasant – so I’d recommend making fresh and consuming within the first few days!
I’d love to know if anyone gives this recipe a go, so please leave me a message 😊